There is a certain level of satisfaction and relief to hear someone articulate your ideas and thoughts so closely that you need not try and reproduce them yourself. Many times you will be presented with approximates and "mostly's", but it is a rare occasion when you find yourself saying, "I could not have said it better myself", and truly mean it. I was presented with this today. So if anyone questions my motives for being supportive of this cause, I hope this provides the answers.
I simply ask that you watch this, whether you agree with it or not. And please don't focus on who is speaking or what his motives are... Listen to the message.
Getting into the holiday spirit
15 years ago

3 comments:
Guy is a pretty good actor. He starts by stating that he has no motive for a 6.5 minute emotional monologue then launches right into it. He has that "almost to tears" look down pat, but there were two (maybe three) places where his propaganda-deploying employer really needed him to cry. Then again, prompter puppets don't cry. They are trained to appear fair and balanced when selling the news. This was a bad decision on the part of the network. I guess it was better than the alternative, which was to host a debate. But that wouldn't work either because it's more difficult to monopolize the viewers' thoughts and feelings when BOTH sides are represented. Love ya Torin, but I can't believe you bought this.
Its not that I bought this, they were my thought and feelings before hearing it. I could care less how fake his intentions were, its the message. Regardless of the medium of delivery, I could have simply copied the script and called it mine, it would not change the fact that it is still something I believe is an injustice happening in our country. And while he may have hidden motives to giving the speech, I have none... I'm not gay, nor do I really know anyone that is, but I still believe in the civil rights that should be available to all, regardless. This is nothing more than a civil rights issue.
Okay, okay. I could never give you a hard time about your convictions. He is a phony. You are not. If we still sat within a short extension cord of each other (the one for your hard drive), we could have some sporting and superb discussions about this topic. I miss ya (totally platonically of course). Hope you are doing well and keeping it fun. p.s. I like your blog!
Post a Comment